Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Freeway Blogging...coming to an overpass near you.

This week I learned a new term, Freeway Blogging.


A few days ago I received and email telling of a planned demonstration at a bridge over Highway 59, during evening rush hour traffic and immediately I was interested. The demonstration was against Israel’s current war and occupation in Lebanon and Palestine and usually these type events make for interesting photo opportunities.

From behind the lens it was a bit of a challenge in getting the photos I wanted, as it seemed I could never get in front of the action. Instead I had to settle for a lot of posed individual shots, side shots, and shots from behind.

Although not some of my better work, I definitely wanted to post the photos to document the event. And at the very least, I learned a little about Freeway Blogging.

For those of you who have the benefit of not knowing, Houston has some sick traffic. I dont know how may vehichles pass under a given bridge in a hour or two. but it has to be more than a bunch.


All I know is that a lot of people saw the flags and signs these demonstrators were holding

Early on.........



I saw some familar faces in the crowd.






















No comments: